Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fashionable Asians: Who wore it best?

I saw a couple of similar looks this week between the Asian celebs and Hollywood celebs, so I decided to do a Fashion Face-off

The Pom Pom Top
Angelababy vs. Nicki Minaj
Sorry Nicki, but Angelababy rocked this look in the movie Love in Space way before you did at NY's Fashion Week this week.  It's a loud look that not everyone can pull off but I think Baby's top looked better because Nicki's made her look a like a football quarterback with the wide shoulder pads (or rather pom pom pads).

The See-Through Lace Dress
Yuan Li vs. Lady Gaga
Remember the last Award Show Fashion I posted with Yuan Li's "Oh no she didn't just leave the house like that" lace dress, well, Gaga probably felt inspired by her look and did the same exact thing earlier this week. I might be a prude (or just a lady) but I feel self conscious even if my underwear peeps over jeans a little LOL This is not a look for everyone, obviously.

The Plaid Dress
Qin Lan vs. Emma Watson
I actually like how they each styled the similar black and red plaid dress with a voluminous skirt. Qin Lan kept it simple with black tights and a gold chain necklace while Emma brought out the rocker in her by adding a black leather jacket.


Who do you think wore it best? 
And should I do more of these Asian celeb vs. American/European celeb posts?

No comments:

Post a Comment