Friday, March 25, 2011

3.1 Phillip Lim Sample Sale for Japan

3.1 Phillip Lim is having a sample sale (3/24-25 TODAY's the last day!) and proceeds go towards Red Cross relief efforts in Japan. When I first heard about it via Twitter, I was so excited because 1. Lim is one of my favorite Asian designers 2. It's for a great cause and 3. I may finally get to own a piece of his work!
It was my first time going to a designer sample sale and the experience was quite overwhelming! There was a line out the building but good thing it was only about a 15-20 minute wait and when we got upstairs there were tons of chic city girls raiding the racks of clothing and piles of accessories!

I wanted the dress with the scallop trim so badly but before going in I made a deal with myself to only buy something less than $100! Someday... :*(

The moshpit of accessories @_@ There were some really cute shoes but my feet are too small for sample sizes (which are usually a 8 or 9) -__-

My friend Tony got these beastly shoes for $100! Loves it!




And I came out with this awesome top! Retail Price:$495, Sample Sale:$100























Still a bit pricey but I have justified it as charity shopping so my wallet won't feel too guilty, ahem. haha I love that I can wear it in the winter as a vest or summer as a tank, super versatile and you can bet that I will make it worth the money! There's still a couple hours left for the sale so if you live in NY get out there and shop for a good cause!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment