Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Fashionable Asians at the 2011 Met Costume Gala



Last night was the Met Costume Gala honoring Alexander McQueen. I can't wait to go check out the MccQueen exhibit for myself, it is literally the talk of the town! Everyone who was anyone in the fashion and entertainment industry was in attendance, even some very notable Asians:




Alexa Chung in a sparkly beaded Christopher Kane dress, one of my favorite looks of the night. I thought it was a pretty unique choice for Alexa since everyone else was in long gowns, but Alexa always surprises.



Vera Wang showed up in her own creation to the Gala looking rather frail. While I like the overall design of the dress, I think another color would've looked better on Vera. I never liked mustard hues on Asians :T



Lucy Liu in a feathery gown by Vionnet. I'm kind of on the fence about this one since I'm not a fan of feathers but I like the sheer part giving the dress a bit of subtle sexiness. The belted center is throwing me off a bit, the break in feathers might be a bit too wide.


UPDATE 5/4: Just found out my favorite half Asian Maggie Q was there wearing a gorgeous floral ruffle dress by Asian designer Tadashi Shoji. Maggie totally rocked it with an elegant updo and neutral makeup. Who else is excited to watch Nikita this week? It has gotten soooo good since her and Shane are hooking up on the show!


Which Asian lady has your vote for most fashionable?


Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment